Introduction

 Welcome everyone! My name is Zack Fountain and I am a social studies secondary education major with emphasis on history, political science, and geography. I am currently doing my student teaching at Vincent High School through MPS. My professional goals include getting a high school teaching job in southeastern Wisconsin upon graduation this spring. I coach three sports at West Bend East High in West Bend. These sports are football, hockey, and baseball. I hope to coach at a high school level or above for many years to come. I enjoy getting to know my students and take pride in relating to them in a classroom and personal setting. I look forward to getting to know everyone more throughout the semester! 



Comments

  1. Hello Zack,
    How is it working through MPS? What grade are you teaching? I was considering working there before I got a position at a private school this year. I think it is amazing that you coach sports, going to school, and student teaching. Good for you! I wish you the best in your near future. Good luck!
    Thanks,
    Shuorook Jaber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shuorook,
      I have enjoyed working through MPS. As I am sure anyone who has worked through MPS would vouch, every day brings with it different experiences and challenges. My students are great and are sophomores, juniors, and seniors. I wish you luck with work and anything else you may be doing this semester!

      Delete
  2. Hi Zack,
    What subject are you teaching in your student teaching placement and how is that going? I think it is nice that you coach sports, it is a great way to get to know your students in a different setting. Political science does not come easy to me so it is nice to know that hopefully I will hear more about that subject from you. Look forward to reading the rest of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cali,
      I am currently teaching American Government, and World History. The placement has been going really well and I really get along well with my CT well. I love getting to see many of my students inside and outside of the classroom!

      Delete
  3. Hey Zack,
    I'm impressed that your currently students teaching and coaching. It looks like we have a lot of social studies educators in our group, I look forward to reading your future blog posts and learning what specific topics interest you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the class, Zach. You are a busy man with all of your coaching, learning, and teaching.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where I am, Where I Want to Go!

Text Set (Blog Post 3)